A career at Fundrise offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. We’re changing the way online investment works. Since our launch in 2012, we’ve made it possible for anyone to invest in real estate -- in a smarter, simpler way than ever before.
With more than 150,000 users and growing, Fundrise has garnered the attention of CNBC, the New York Times, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal.
Fundrise has an immediate opening in our DC headquarters for a full-time Tax Accountant. A successful candidate will have a strong background in partnership tax, be a critical thinker who’s attentive to detail, and have a strong work ethic. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who thrive in a dynamic, team-based environment with the initiative to work independently. Positive, team-oriented attitude required. This position offers competitive salary and benefits, EOE.
- Manage preparation and review of investor 1099s, K-1s, and related calculations
- Work with the software engineering team to develop tax oriented tools
- Prepare and maintain REIT compliance documentation, including asset and income testing
- Analyze and review tax implications of acquisitions, dispositions, and redevelopment of real estate
- Perform review and/or preparation of annual tax provision for a C Corporation
- Prepare year-end Earnings and Profits computations, including periodic projections of taxable income
- Perform detailed technical review of the federal and state income tax returns to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Assisting in company transactions, special projects, and general compliance
- 5-8 years of experience
- Big 4 or other public accounting
- Strong command of partnership taxation
- This opportunity will focus around Partnerships, REITs, S-Corps, and 1099s
- CPA or equivalent designation preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Able to leverage and improve systems to drive operational efficiency
- An understanding of the impact of positive, seamless customer experience on brand loyalty and customer acquisition
- Intellectually curious, creative, and collaborative
- A firm believer in Fundrise's social mission